Our blog this week is a handy guide, on what to do, if your water cooler tap breaks. We live in a highly disposable world – where people think nothing of throwing something away without wondering if it can be fixed quickly and cheaply. If you own mains fed water cooler or drinks dispenser and the tap breaks, you may think it is beyond repair.
However, most taps, on most water coolers (bottled water machine and mains fed water dispensers) can be replaced, relatively easily. If you own a water cooler that has taps that protrude from the front of the machine, like the picture on the side, not only can these be changed really quickly – you can probably do it yourself!
If you already have purchased a spare tap from your provider, simply follow these simple instructions and you’ll have your machine up and running in a matter of minutes.
- To replace the broken tap, firstly turn off the water supply to the cooler. This can be done by using the isolation tap located on the plastic tubing behind the cooler:
- Turn the cooler off at the electrics
- If you have a machine that is cold and ambient carry on to the next stage. If your machine has a hot water dispensing tap, please allow 45 minutes to 1 hour for the water in the machine to cool down – you don’t want to scald yourself!
- Drain the tank by depressing both taps and empty the reservoir inside the cooler into a jug. Please only do this once the machine has been isolated (as per above)
- Unscrew the old tap and discard
- Simply screw in the new tap
- Un-isolate the machine to allow the cooler to refill with water and switch back on at the electrics
If you don’t have a replacement tap we hold a large amount in stock in our warehouse in Brighton. We carry a range of female taps from most UK models. We can supply ambient, cold or hot taps for most water cooler models. If you have a machine that has paddle or solenoid taps please feel free to contact us as we have engineers across the UK who can assist.