Bottled water is part of a lot of people’s, daily life… Bought in the corner shop on the way to work, picked up in the supermarket with the weekly shop, and chosen as a health option when out with the children. But here are 10 facts that you might not know about bottled water, which may make you rethink those purchases.
• Britain consumes 3 billion litres of bottled water a year.
• Bottled water is 500 times more expensive than tap water.
• The bottled water market is the fastest growing market in the world.
• The UK bottled water industry is worth £200,000,000 a year.
• Over 250,000 bottles of water were sold over the Wimbledon period last year.
• 30% of bottled water sold in supermarkets is actually tap water.
• If you were to buy a bottle of water every day for a year (at the price of £0.80p per day), it would cost you £292.00. If you were to rent a water cooler from us (at the price of £0.52p per day), it would cost you £189.80p a year for an unlimited supply for your whole office.
• In 2011 the UK produced 580,000 tonnes of plastic bottles as waste, of which only 52% was recycled.
• 69% of bottled water sold in Britain is still water.
• If tap water cost the same as the cheapest water bottled water, your monthly water bill would be £5900.87p
In the UK our drinking water is of the highest standard, at a record level of quality and among the best in the world. If you prefer your water chilled & filtered then rather that buying an expensive bottle of water and adding it to recycling or landfill, why not rent or buy a water cooler from aqualeader? Our machines can be rented at a fraction of the cost, for an all year round unlimited supply for everyone in your home or office.
Address: 105 Elm Drive, Hove, East Sussex. BN3 7JA. Registered in England and Wales No: 05018755